Saturday 3 January 2015

2014; A YEAR IN REVIEW

So, another year has gone and in a couple of days, the majority of the population return back to work.

As per 2013, my day job in the Army scuppered a few plans and unfortunately financially I never got round to publishing my new website (although the content is written).

Last year I published 8 blogs on my site (link), taught a number of BSAC classes around the country (diver and instructor level), a TDI Intro to Tech course, I was a Safety Diver at TekCamp (blog), qualified as a BSAC Boat Handling Instructor and a BSAC Diver Cox'n Assessor and spent a week teaching in Egypt (blog).  rectotec also became a supplier of Tecline and now has demo kit for them and Light-For-Me.
 












Regarding my own personal development I completed the TDI Advanced Trimix Diver course (blog) with TDI Instructor Trainer Mark Powell.  This has always been a goal for me as a diver, but also means I’m one step closer to becoming a TDI Trimix Instructor.  I’ve also managed to dive along the south coast in Swanage, Plymouth and Porthkerris. 
 










Next year, after my website is finished, my primary aim is to push TDI training as that’s where I really want to go.  Once I certify a few more TDI Advanced Nitrox and TDI Decompression Procedures (AN/DP) students I will be looking to upgrade to TDI Helitrox Instructor and TDI Trimix Instructor with TDI Instructor Trainer Mark Powell. 

I also have the following planned for next year so far:
·  Write some more blog articles.
·  Teaching/assessing on BSAC Instructor Trainer events in the West Midlands & the Armed Forces.
·  Safety Diver at TekCamp.
·  A 2-week overseas teaching trip to Cyprus in May.
·  Another overseas trip somewhere.
·  Possibly attend the NEC Sive Show as an exhibitor (cost dependant). 
·  Start my BSAC First Class Diver (FCD) Expedition Plan.
·  Plus I also have a number of diving trips booked for Porthkerris, Plymouth and Swanage.

Best Wishes, and safe diving in 2015.

The boring bit!
All opinions expressed in my articles are my own and may differ to other instructor’s and agency guidelines; by no means are they wrong and I would not wish to disrepute any of them.  This article is for information only and should not replace proper training.

Safe diving!

Timothy Gort
BSAC, PADI & SDI/TDI diver training

l Mob: 07968148261 l Email: tim@rectotec.co.uk l

No comments:

Post a Comment