Friday 29 December 2017

2017; A YEAR IN REVIEW

2017 has again been a mixed year for rectotec with a number of peaks and troughs; the troughs generally caused by trying to balance the work/home life with the Army & rectotec. 

Other than an initial a TDI Intro to Tech course, the first half of the year was spent prepping for my BSAC National Instructor.  This meant taking a step back from professionally teaching and concentrating on passing that exam.  This meant Instructor Trainer development and working on my core BSAC training in branch and regionally.  Luckily though this paid off as I passed my exams and am now NI #264.  The second half was vastly different as things got progressively busier; I was teaching on a number of TDI Intro to Tech and TDI AN/DP courses over August and September.  I was also asked to present at East Cheshire Sub-Aqua Club on Primary Donate as I’ve been working on some of the new BSAC materials.  October was busy teaching more TDI AN/DP courses before the NEC Dive Show where I was on the TDI stand and presenting on the TEKDeck Stage.  I also spent the evening as a guest at the BSAC Diving Conference where I was awarded my BSAC National Instructor award.  I finished off the year with 2 weeks in Gibraltar running a variety of BSAC and PADI courses.
 
It’s not all been good news.  Unfortunately due to a mixture of weather and personal circumstances, I’ve had to pull out of Shetland, Plymouth and Dartmouth trips, as well as having my Egypt trip cancelled.

As the year draws a close I’ll have done 8 blogs this year.  I’ve got a number of potential courses lined up for next year; a mixture of BSAC recreational and technical, as well as TDI courses.  I’ve also got a number of BSAC Instructor Events on as well as diving trips lined up to Malta, multiple Plymouth trips, and possible Mexico but we’ll see how that goes.  My life could drastically change in January with a new arrival to the family, as well as a move back to North Devon with the Army. 

I’ve still got a deal on PADI Enriched Air Diver (Nitrox) courses for the first 5 to enable me to complete my PADI Tec Deep Instructor upgrade.  The cost; £60. 

Lastly, my personal development plan is to do my Normixic Trimix instructor with Mark Powell. 

If you’re interested in any courses in 2018 then get in touch.

Safe diving.

The boring bit!
All opinions expressed in my articles are my own and may differ to other instructor’s and agency guidelines; by no means are they wrong and I would not wish to disrepute any of them.  This article is for information only and should not replace proper training.

Safe diving!

Timothy Gort
BSAC, PADI & SDI/TDI diver training
l Mob: 07968148261 l Email: tim@rectotec.co.uk l

No comments:

Post a Comment